Monday 17 September 2012

Sunday Shopping

Over the weekend I was looking after Alfie and on Sunday I decided to take him on shopping trip. He is allowed in most shops as long as I carry him. Luckily for me he decided to not walk at all so I ended up carrying him all around town. My arm was killing me by the time I got home. So here are the beauty products I picked up. 



Here's what I got. From The body Shop. Lightening Touch, Warming Mineral mask, All in one BB cream and Rainforest Shine shampoo and conditioner. From Superdrug I picked up Bastiste dry shampoo and two MUA 3 in 1 extreme contour liner in Brown and Gun Metal. 



The body shop have 3 for 2 on all skincare and make up so I got the warming mineral mask for free. I actually only went in for the lightening touch as I suffer form dark circles and I've heard that this is a dupe of the YSL Touche Eclat and at only £14 compared to £25 for the touche eclat I thought I'd give this ago. I got the shade 01. The BB cream is something I haven't really heard of. But it goes on as a white cream and the adapts to your skin tone. I thought for those more natural days this would be perfect. It was £12 which I thought wasn't too bad. I got this in the shade 02. The mask was my freebie. Recently I have has really bumpy skin so I am willing to give anything ago. The shampoo and conditioner was another freebie as I signed up to their Love Your Body reward card. 


Alfie hated Superdrug as I spent ages swatching almost everything. I picked up the Batistes as it was on offer for £1.95. I like this one as it has the hint of colour in and doesn't leave my hair with white streaks. I picked up the MUA extreme contour's to try and use on my eye lids to create a smoky eye. I might just had a play around and see how I can actually make them work best. 



They look just like a pencil and you just twist the top to get the product. They were a bargain price of £1.50. You can't go wrong. 



The top is gun metal and the bottom is brown. They are really creamy so I think they may be good for smudging. I really wanted black but it was sold out so I will be keeping a look out for it on my next trip. 

Also on Monday night I had a little trip to the Metro centre after work. I got 3 little treats for myself. 


For the life of my I couldn't get the brushes to stand up and I realise that this photo is awful, sorry about that. So I got the Real Techniques Stippling brush and blush brush. I  love the stippling brush I have been using it everyday I have to say I really don't like the blush brush. I think it's naff and I feel like I hardly get any product on my cheek. They were on offer for buy one get one half price in boots. 


The MUA pallet I picked up was Undressed as I've heard it's a dupe of Naked. To be honest Undressed is a better way of saying naked if you ask me. Also it was £4 compared for £36 that naked costs. I'm really looking forward to using this as I've had it almost a week and still haven't tried it. 


I am really happy with my purchases minus the blush brush. Here is a picture of Alfie after been carried all over town he still came home and had a nap. Typical man. Have you used any of these products what do you think?  

2 comments:

  1. I am desperate to try some of the real techniques brushes! thats ashame your never liked the blush brush! Alfie looks so cute in that pic!! hehe how can he possibly be tired when all he did was sit in your arms all day! lol! is that doggie wall paper you have ?! it is amazing! where did you get it from?

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty isn't it? The dogs are actually velvet. It's like a touchy feely wall. I don't know as my house was the show home so it came with the house. I have some amazing wall paper in my dressing room. Keep an eye out as I'm going to do a post on it. Xxx

    ReplyDelete